The Office for Divine Worship is committed to assisting school communities in developing and promoting authentic liturgical practices. We offer our support to pastors, principals, directors of religious education, catechists, parents, and all those who work on the preparations for the celebration of the Sacred Liturgy with children.
This page is a work in progress. Please contact us and let us know what type of information you’d like to find here.
The Holy Days of Obligation in the United States are:
- December 8, the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception
- December 25, the Solemnity of the Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ
- January 1, the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God*
- Thursday of the Sixth Week of Easter, the Solemnity of the Ascension
- August 15, the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary*
- November 1, the Solemnity of All Saints*
*Whenever these Holy Days fall on a Saturday or Monday, the precept to attend Mass is abrogated.